The Czech Republic Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your travel to the Czech Republic, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occassion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen Visa, accordingly.
Stat: As per 2014, the Czech Republic has issued a total of 506,597 uniform Schengen visas
General required documents for a Czech Republic Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Czech Republic Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements and specifications.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Czech Republic and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Czech Republic and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Czech Republic
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Czech Republic
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Czech Republic.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Czech Republic Visa application.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Czech Republic Visa Application:
Czech Republic Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Czech Republic Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Czech Republic company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Czech Republic Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Czech Republic, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Czech Republic Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Czech Republic Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Czech Republic Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Czech Republic Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Czech Republic citizen:
- Proof of Czech Republic citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Czech Republic nationality or naturalization order)
- Czech Republic marriage certificate
- Czech Republic family record book
Czech Republic Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Czech Republic Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Czech Republic embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Attention!Please consult the Embassy of Czech Republic in your country for the updated Czech Republic Visa requirements!