Schengen Visa Application Guidelines
Every person the wishes to apply for a visa in order to visit a Schengen member country is obliged to apply in person, gather all the mandatory documents and first and foremost accordingly to the rules and regulations, make an appointment in advance. The person that will be applying for a visa has to make sure he/she holds a valid passport apropos a passport that has been issued no longer than ten years ago and has a period of six month until its expiration date.
Book an appointment
It important to book an appointment approximately 15 days prior to your departure since that is the approximate time an Embassy/Consulate needs to complete the visa issuing procedures (sometimes it may take even longer).
Tip: You can apply up to 12 weeks before you travel.
Read the instructions carefully and check if you meet the requirements
Every Schengen member country has its own requirements regarding the documents needed to obtain the certain type of visa. Make sure you can gather them all.
Fill out the application form
The application form is a collection of numerous personal data on the individual applying for the Schengen Visa. Make sure you fill out every required gap. Learn how to fill-in the Schengen visa application form!
Attach a recent photograph
A recent photograph of the individual is required to be attached to the application form accordingly to the guidelines/ format, background etc.
Attach the mandatory documents regarding the appropriate Embassy/ Consulate
Apart from the application form; attach the other required documents as asked by the Embassy/Consulate.
Submit the application documents and attend the interview in person.
During the interview you will be asked personal questions about your whereabouts, the intended trip and other travel details. Make sure your answers are firm and correct.
Some of the questions you might be asked during the Interview
- Which countries in the Schengen are are you planning to visit?
- Do you have any family member or friends living in the Schengen area?
- What is the purpose of your visit?
- Who will pay for your visit?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have you been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, what do they do?
- How long are you going to stay?
- Where are you going to stay?
- What is your educational qualification?
- Which company do you work for?
- What does your company do?
There is a non-refundable administration fee when applying for a visa. Visa costs have been synchronized in Schengen countries. Details of the costs can be obtained at the particular Embassy/Consulate of the country one is ought to travel to.
- 12 Common Reasons Why Visa Applications Get Rejected
- Top 60 Most Asked Questions during a Visa Interview
- 9 Helpful Tips for Finding Cheap Flights to Europe and Worldwide
- Top Mistakes to AVOID during a Visa Interview
- How to Get a Flight Itinerary for Visa Application
- How to Get a Hotel Booking Confirmation Letter for Visa Application
- Schengen Visa for Indian Passport Holders