Lithuania Schengen Visa Application Requirements
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Lithuania, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Lithuanian Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Lithuanian Schengen Visa since 2007 when Lithuania as a Member State of the EU also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
Stat: As per 2014, Lithuania has issued a total of 458,279 uniform Schengen visas.
See the list of countries whose citizens need a visa to enter Lithuania by clicking Do I need a visa to visit Lithuania?
General required documents for a Lithuanian Visa Application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Lithuania Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about visa photo requirements and specifications.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Lithuania and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Lithuania and itinerary
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Lithuania. Learn how to make flight reservation for visa application!
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Lithuania. Learn how to get hotel booking or reservation for visa application!
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Lithuania. A foreign national who wants to enter the territory of the Republic of Lithuania, while applying for a Lithuanian Visa it needs to attest to the Lithuanian Embassy or Consulate possession of 40€/day.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Lithuanian Visa application.
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Lithuania Visa Application:
Lithuania Tourist Schengen Visa:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Lithuania Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Lithuanian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Lithuania Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Lithuania, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Lithuania Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Lithuania Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Lithuania Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Lithuania Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Lithuanian citizen:
- Proof of Lithuanian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Lithuanian nationality or naturalization order)
- Lithuanian marriage certificate
- Lithuanian family record book
Lithuania Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Lithuania Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Lithuanian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Attention! Please consult the Embassy of Lithuania in your country for the updated Lithuania Visa requirements!