More than 700,000 Schengen Visa Applications Submitted by Indians in 2015
More than 700,000 applications for Schengen visas were submitted by Indians in 2015, according to recent statistics from the internal migration and Affairs of the European Commission.
In total, 708,386 Schengen visas were submitted by Indians in 2015, or 140,170 more submissions compared to the previous year.
From the total submissions, only 45,811 visa were refused.
Statistics through years:
- In 2009 there were 364,408 applications
- In 2010 there were 444,562 applications
- In 2011 there were 499,954 applications
- In 2012 there were 506,162 applications
- In 2013 there were 448,191 applications
- In 2014 there were 568,216 applications
- In 2015 there were 708,386 applications
In 2015, Indians were ranked 7th among the countries who submitted the most applications for Schengen visas.
India was preceded by Algeria, Belarus and Turkey. The top three countries with the highest submissions were Russia, China and Ukraine.
Find out the Requirements and Guidelines if you want to apply for a Schengen Visa from India!